Bolded items are goals currently being worked on.
Become a driver[Completed: Jul 2019] Own a car[Completed: Mar 2018]
- Repay debt [Started: Apr 2018 | Progress: 5,662.77/40,000 = 14%]
- Read 1,000 books [Started: Dec 2012 |Progress: 66/1000 = 7%]
- Reach the end of the Quran
- Own a condo
- Learn Arabic
- Become a practicing Muslimah (i.e., pray 5 times a day)
- Obtain a degree
- Obtain CPA designation
- Complete a MIT challenge
- Be a kinder individual
- Write a 50,000-word book
- Become a published author
- Learn martial arts
- Learn and play badminton regularly
- Learn hip hop dancing
- Sign up for and attend a different workout/dance lesson every weeknight (e.g., salsa, hip hop, Pilates, spin, kickboxing, yoga, etc.)
- Learn and play basketball on a weekly basis
- Perform regular high intensity workouts
- Become a professional blogger
- Earn $100,000 yearly (mainly from side gigs)
- Cultivate passive income streams
- Learn cooking
- Become an independent woman
- Take a year off and travel
Next Step/Order of Priority:
[Updated/changed as of 2021]
- Repay Debt
- Cultivate passive income streams [Medium]
- Read 1,000 books
- Write a 50,000-word book (can be non-fiction or fiction)
- Pay off 6k towards loan [500 per month]
- Read 10 books this year [1 book per month + cushion for longer books]
- Write 52 articles for Medium
- Write 1,000 word per month toward a book – either non-fiction or fiction.
- Track finances on a weekly basis to ensure you’re keeping your costs down.
Complete another “No buy year”
- Dedicate at least 2 hours a week to reading a book.
It takes around 5 hours to finish a 80,000-word book. 2 hours a week x 4 weeks = 6 hours a month, which will give you ample time finish reading 1 book.
- Write everyday shooting for at least 1,000 words towards Medium articles.
Or 2 hours of dedicated time.
Assign publish time to 5 AM every Tuesday until you complete the year. Then go back and see if you can fill up the year with Thursday 5 AM posts.
- Figure out how to dedicate time to writing fiction.
What dreams do you have? What are some of your goals? Are you working towards one of them this year?